Thank you, Zagreb!
At the end of August, EAAE’s 42nd Annual Conference took place at the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Zagreb.
This year’s conference had a new format with more focus on thematic discussions, which was very well received by the participants.
It was once again impressive to see the EAAE members’ commitment and enthusiasm to advancing the quality of architecture in education and research.
We were very happy to have representatives from our partner organisations ACE, ACSA, ARCC, Fundació Mies van der Rohe and UIA among us who gave very valuable inputs.
Furthermore, the conference was extremely enriched by the interesting contributions of our keynote speakers Will Hunter, Lesley Lokko, Maruša Zorec, Momoyo Kaijima, An Fonteyne and Sara Sherif as well as by Harriet Harriss’ provocation.
Many thanks! We would again like to express our gratitude to Dean Krunoslav Šmit, Mia Roth Čerina and the whole team from the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Zagreb for hosting us and having so successfully organized the event.
Many thanks also to VELUX, the main sponsor of the conference.
The Council met for the first time in its new composition just after the General Assembly.
Welcome to João Pedro Xavier and Dag Boutsen who was appointed as Treasurer taking over the respective tasks from Koenraad van Cleempoel.
The minutes from the GA 2019 will be published in the days to come.
At this point, we would also like to draw your attention to our call for hosting the EAAE Annual Conference and General Assembly in 2021.
We are looking forward to getting your application until 22. November 2019.
Furthermore, please save the dates for
- the Conservation Network Workshop “CONSERVATION / DEMOLITION” from 25.–28. September 2019 in Prague,
- the CA2RE Conference on 4.-7. October in Ghent,
- the Workshop of the Education Academy from Friday 29 November noon, till Saturday 30 November in Prague,
- the first EAAE Deans Summit from 23.–25. April 2020 in Oslo,
- the EAAE-ARCC International Conference from 10.–13. June 2020 in Valencia,
- the next Annual Conference and General Assembly from 26.–29. August 2020 in Prague.
Oya Atalay Franck