Selection procedure for the Head of the Department of Landscape Architecture
at Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Architecture
Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, CTU in Prague, Thákurova 9, Prague 6, announces, in accordance with Act 111/1998 Coll., a selection procedure to fill the position of Head of the Department of Landscape Architecture (15 120) – Academic Employee.
- responsibility for the development of the department and its teaching and creative activities
- contribution to teaching and/or research and other creative activities
- responsibility for the economic use of the funds allocated to the department
- contributing to the department’s other activities
- Master’s degree in Architecture and Urbanism, Landscape Architecture or related field
- appointment as a professor or associate professor in the field; for applicants without such titles, the prerequisites for starting the habilitation procedure
- at least 5 years of professional experience in the field, professional quality
- positive feedback from a student evaluation of the quality of teaching (if the candidate has worked at a university where such an evaluation is organised)
- management and organisational skills, ability to work as part of a team
- active knowledge of English, knowledge of another world language appreciated
- moral and civic integrity
What we offer
- starting from 1. 9. 2023 or by agreement
- classification Head of Department/Centre – Academic Employee – Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- salary conditions according to the Internal Salary Regulations of the CTU
The application form must include
- a structured professional CV with an overview of management, professional, creative, research, publication, or teaching activities
- portfolio summarizing significant results of professional, pedagogical and scientific research practice
- a written idea of the department’s future development
- certified copies of evidence of higher education and scientific and pedagogical degrees obtained
- an extract from the criminal record
- Application form
In the event that a candidate who is not a current academic employee of the FA CTU succeeds in the selection procedure, an employment contract for the position of academic employee of the FA CTU will be concluded with this candidate and subsequently he/she will be appointed by the Dean of the Faculty to the position of Head of the Department of Landscape Architecture for a certain period with the possibility of extension. In the event of success of the applicant who is an existing academic employee of the FA CTU, he/she will be appointed by the Dean of the Faculty to the position of Head of the Department of Landscape Architecture for a fixed term with the possibility of extension.
In writing by post or in person:
Send the application form with the required materials and contact details by registered mail until 12. 6. 2023 to the address: ČVUT v Praze – Fakulta architektury, personální oddělení, Thákurova 9, 166 34 Praha 6* or deliver in person during office hours to the FA CTU mailroom. Mark the envelope prominently with the words: “Selection procedure – Head of the Department of Landscape Architecture”.
and at the same time
send it in electronic form with all attachments by e-mail to email@example.com.
By submitting an application form, the candidate agrees to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. By submitting the application, the candidate agrees to the distribution of the submitted materials in electronic form to the members of the selection committee and to the publication of the concept of the future development of the department/centre in case the candidate is selected. At its discretion, the selection committee may invite all or selected candidates for an interview. FA CTU in Prague reserves the right not to select any of the candidates.