“The architect and the city”
Being aware of the importance of cities in the present century, our International Conference aims to recover the importance of the role of architects in the design, renovation and management of cities. The transdisciplinarity inherent to these issues has allowed us for offering a range of different and varied tracks.
In order to warrant good living conditions for future generations around the planet and to safe the care of the planet itself, research in architecture has to release all its potential. Therefore, the aims of the 2020 EAAE-ARCC International Conference are:
- To focus on the city as the most relevant architectural issue of the twenty-first century.
- To deepen into the historical and modern specificities of the phenomenon of cities.
- To debate about the needs of current cities around the world and to envision an adequate future for them.
- To showcase the city as the scenario of new societal trends, technological advances and professional practices.
- To underline the incipiently recovered leadership of architects in the design and management of cities.
- To place in the spotlight research in architecture as the indispensable mechanism in order to warrant sustainable progress in human habitat.
- To become a meeting point for those who develop their research on the matter of cities, and a platform for presentation and debate about studies, findings, novelties and contributions, encouraging many more to come.
- To highlight architecture’s multidisciplinary as a melting pot of multiple approaches, points of view and expertise.
- To open new perspectives for architectural research on cities by promoting the development of multidisciplinary and inter-university networks and research groups.
For all that, the 2020 EAAE-ARCC International Conference is open not only for architects, but also for any academic, practitioner, professional or student with a determination to develop research in architecture or neighbouring fields.
Follow Link for more detail information on:
2020 EAAE-ARCC International Conference
Call for abstracts for full papers, posters, sessions, and PHD workshops
2019-09-19 | Call for abstracts for full papers and posters
2019-11-11 | Deadline for submitting abstracts for full papers and posters
2019-12-16 | Acceptance notification of abstracts for full papers and posters
2020-02-24 | Deadline for plenary sessions and PhD workshops submissions
2020-03-02 | Deadline for full papers and posters submissions
2020-07-14 | Acceptance confirmation for full papers, plenary sessions, and PhD workshops
2020-09-14 | Deadline for submission of final papers, and posters
2019-09-30 | Registration Opening
2020-09-29 | Early bird registration deadline
2020-10-27 | Cancellation Deadline (to qualify for a refund)
2020-11-09 | Registration Closing
2020-11-11 | Conference Opening
2020-11-14 | Conference Closing