Teaching the Teachers | Education = Key
1-2 March 2019 (09:00 – 17:00)
Deadline registration – 12PM, 10 February 2019.
The Fontys Academy of Architecture & Urbanism is happy to invite you to the first studio didactic training “Teaching the Teachers”. This training is organised in cooperation with the Education Academy of the EAAE (European Association for Architectural Education). The training is the first pilot project of Educating the Educators Platform addressing architectural pedagogies. The training will take place on 1-2 March 2019 in Tilburg, The Netherlands.
The training, perceiving architectural design studio as a pedagogy that is thriving on a culture of dialogue, colloquial ideas and the development of future visions, will offer didactic tools that are specifically designed to accommodate this pedagogy. The training program, developed by Ir. Elise van
Dooren (TU Delft) contains lectures by exercises and roll plays that will train your teaching of design skills.
This training is offered to experienced architecture educators and educators in architecture that are not formally trained teachers. The participants will receive at the end of the training a certificate.
Register today! The training will be held with a minimum amount of 12 participants.
There are only 18 places available.
- Design process.
- Making explicit.
- Guiding Theme.
- Frame of references.
- Learning a complex skill.
- Offering studio teacher tools that enhance the teaching of implicit design actions and skills.
- Offering studio teachers insights and skills for the interaction during the tutoring of the design studio.
- Offering tools that will lead to better student results, increase student motivation and satisfaction.
- Developing a research program looking into architectural design education and its contribution to the issues of professional development and lifelong learning in relation to digitalization, urbanization and, inclusiveness and diversity in society.
Organization: Ir. Pnina Avidar; Fontys Academy of Architecture & Urbanism
Dr. Michela Barosio; Politecnico di Torino, DAD – Dipartimento di Architettura e Design
Dr. Johan De Walsche; University of Antwerp | Faculty of Design Sciences
Moderators: Ir. Elise van Dooren; TU Delft
Ir. Luc Willekens; TU Delft
Ir. Pnina Avidar; Fontys Academy of Architecture & Urbanism
Fontys Academy for Architecture and Urbanism
Bisschop Zwijsenstraat 11