EAAE Conservation/ Demolition Workshop VII, Prague 25.09-28-09.2019
EXTENDED DEADLINE: Submission Abstracts, 16.06.2019
The VII. edition of the EAAE Thematic Network on Conservation Workshop “CONSERVATION / DEMOLITION”
will take place on 25-28 September 2019 in PRAGUE, Czech Republic.
The workshop brings together a broad range of people, from art conservators to architects, engineers, and officials, to discuss the issues that have come to be of crucial importance in the management of European cultural heritage. Considering the roles that critical reflection and academic scholarship have played in developing conservation as a cultural practice, it will explore how the EAAE Conservation Network can enhance the contribution of these two basic pillars of architecture for the future of architectural heritage.
The workshop will take place in the heart of Europe: the City of Prague in the Czech Republic. It will comprise academic presentations on the issues identified below as topic areas, small, intensive group discussions, and study trips to selected sites.
The Scientific Comitee:
• Professor Loughlin Kealy (Emeritus Professor of Architecture, Co-coordinator of the EAAE Conservation Network, University College Dublin)
• Professor Stefano Francesco Musso (Co-coordinator of the EAAE Conservation Network, University of Genoa)
• Professor Rodica Crisan (Ion Mincu University, Bucharest)
• Professor Donatella Fiorani (University Sapienza, Rome)
• Professor Giovanna Franco (University of Genoa)
• Associate Professor Petr Vorlík (Czech Technical University in Prague)
Submission of abstracts for Workshop is open. Authors are invited to submit a short abstract before May 30th 2019.
Detailed information is available in invitation leaflet and registration form below.
Registration and submission of abstracts should be performed by e-mail:
Follow us on Facebook (Conservation/Demolition Prague 2019 – EAAE Workshop VII) for all the latest updates.
2019-06-15 | Acceptance of registration and abstracts:
2019-06-30 | Contribution payment:
2019-09-25 | Start workshop
2019-09-28 | End workshop